Thursday, May 17, 2012

What I Sell On eBay

According to my niece I sell ugly things. Case in point:



I bought this just to prove that I could sell it. I paid $1.00 for it and sold it for $20.00. It’s a shirt with dogs playing pool on it! Who would actually wear this?! Apparently someone will. Or more then one person because I had seen a few completed on eBay. It’s a Dragonfly shirt just in case you want to buy one for your honey.



Example #2. I bought this sweater for $1.00. That’s when I was on my sweater kick back in January. I listed it with the word GORGEOUS in the title. Inside I was thinking “why would you want to wear a bulky sweater with vehicles all over it?” I listed it for $50.00 planning on listing it high for the first month and if it didn’t sell I would drastically drop the price. Well that was the plan. I forgot all about it and it sat since January listed BIN for $50.00. And guess what? It sold today. Buyer already paid. Am I the only one wondering who’s going to be wearing a sweater in May?

Maybe that’s my niche. Selling ugly pieces of clothing. But like I always tell my niece when she makes fun of me “I might be selling ugly things but at least I’m selling them.”

Oh and if you happen to like any of these items I didn’t mean to offend you. Please check out my other listings. I have lots of other ugly things, oops I mean unique clothing listed.

5 comments:

  1. Those are good sales/profits! I think the dogs playing pool shirt is kind of neat actually. The car sweater, not so much. After my two whiny blog posts, someone actually bought those blank tapes I had for sale. I made a whopping .32 cents profit on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clamco I actually liked the shirt also. If you can pull off that look you would certainly get lots of attention. But no one else seems to like it. Thank you for the info on the tapes. I will take it off my BOLO list.

      Delete
  2. The uglier the items the better! Great flip on that sweater! I love it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kristen.The uglier the better!!I'm always amazed at what people will buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. spymay I'm glad I'm not the only surprised at what people will actually by. I guess that's what keeps us in business.

      Delete